Friday, February 11, 2011

Crazy "Coincidence"

So, I just want to share with you an experience I had of an awesome "coincidence" that occurred in my life, just to give you a testimony of how God is at work in my life and how He is providing for me.

So for the last couple of months I have felt a very strong conviction that I need to be giving some of my funds to missionaries that I know, to help support them financially. I have been pretty hesitant to do so because I have been pretty low on money myself since I moved here and I didn't want to put myself into further financial hardship. The conviction, however, has been growing and growing, and so I finally just gave into the prompting and contacted a couple I know who has just started doing campus ministry in Colorado and told them that I wanted to start giving them a monthly donation. They were kind of shocked, but after I explained that I was feeling this conviction and that if they would not accept my donation that I would be giving it to someone else, they gave me the information I needed and I told them that I would be sending them the money. When I went home that day, I had received in the mail an envelope that was sent but it didn't have a return address on it. Inside was $325 with a note that said "RENT $". That was all that was in the envelope, and I couldn't believe it. I have speculated who sent the money, but I know for a fact that it was from God because the fact that I received it the day that I committed to giving monthly was just to perfect. It was God reminding me that I am under His watch and His protection, and that when I follow after Him with everything I have, including the little money that He gives me, He will be faithful and will provide for my every need.

This was a very encouraging moment for me, but it would not have been had I not taken the initiative and done what God was asking. I believe that He is trying to bring me to a place where I will not wait months to start doing what He asks, but by having it be the same day He is bringing me to a place where I can fully trust Him the moment He asks of me. Lord, I pray that You would help me more and more to have the faith, the courage, and the trust to act on what You give me and to use the gifts You give me to bring You the glory and to make Your fame known throughout the earth. Lord, You are an amazing God, a wonderful Provider, and the only One that makes this life worth living. I love You, Father, and praise You for Your blessing and for Your name. And in that name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment